Best Shark Tank Products That Could Have Made You a Millionaire
Sometimes you get the idea of the century and make a million dollars. Sometimes, well, you don’t. That’s the premise of the TV show Shark Tank. People bring their ideas to a panel of professionals and hope one of them will financially back the idea. In today’s blog, we’re going to look at the top 5 ideas ever pitched on Shark Tank that will make you think “I should’ve thought of that!”
5. Baker’s Edge: This genius invention is here to give us everything we’ve ever wanted: and endless supply of edge piece brownies. Though they did not get the investment they hoped for on Shark Tank, the inventors of the Baker’s Edge continue to sell products to those of us who unabashedly lust for the corner pieces. They have since released a muffin pan and are still selling the killer creation that is the Baker’s Edge.
4. BetterBack: Sitting in front of a computer all day can be bad for posture and health. That’s why the inventor of BetterBack made a type of sling for your back which connects to the knees and corrects posture. The show aired recently but sales seem steady and there is a new Kickstarter campaign for a larger version.
3. Squatty Potty: Something everyone has to do and doesn’t think much about is using the bathroom. The inventor of the Squatty Potty did some digging and discovered that the human body is not actually built to make sitting on a toilet a comfortable or effective way to relieve yourself. The Squatty Potty elevates the feet so that going to the bathroom is done the way it was meant to be. The item has been heavily advertised on social media, most likely due to the frivolous nature of the product, which could be a direct cause of its success.
2. Groovebook: Everyone has a bunch of pictures on their phone just taking up space. No one wants to get rid of them because they help to remember some really great times, but people are making photo albums less and less. This is where Groovebook comes in handy. For just $2.99/month, Groovebook takes your phone’s pictures and turns them into a photo book which gets sent directly to your door. The product has an app for iPhone and Android and sales are on the rise as people figure out how much easier it is to have someone else make photo albums!
1. Drop Stop: Driving in the car is all fine and good until your phone gets stuck between the seats. You’re trying to use Google Maps and now have one hand driving and one searching for the phone but instead an old french fry and a nickel surface. It’s frustrating. That’s where Drop Stop comes in handy. It sits in the crack between your seat and the center console to keep your items out of the abyss. With a hole to fit the piece around the seatbelt, its the perfect “if I thought about that I’d be a millionaire” product.
Any one of these products is a million-dollar idea thought up by an every day person. Every person can develop their brand, even if that brand is helping people use the restroom! But be sure to look out next week when we look at the Shark Tank flops and what went wrong!